Last week was a bit of a blur with our team attending both Create & Cultivate and Alt Summit. It was a week of connecting with empowering individuals, learning from each other, building each other up, and listening to some amazing and thought-provoking speakers. In a word, it was uplifting.
This year’s conference was located in downtown Los Angeles. The stunning space was done up to the nines with instagram-worthy decor from a slew of brands, hoping to inspire and create meaningful connections with the attendees.
Throughout the 12 hour day, we took in panels like: Keeping it One Million from big hitters in the Instagram space with over 1M followers, Never Not Posting from experts in the social space, and Keynotes from the original influencers, including Kim Kardashian and Lauren Conrad.
ShopStyle had a booth where we were able to connect with all attendees on site. We commissioned a San Diego artist to create a beautiful canvas that all C&C attendees could come and color! After a day of panels, networking and go-go-go, sometimes you just need to zone out and color — so that is exactly what we did! We loved seeing how it all came together.
The biggest things we took away from the conference that would help you be a better influencer is to be authentic! Be yourself and don’t try to copy anyone else because your followers follow you for you. See below for the top quotes from the conference:
- “Be authentic! Great content comes from you being yourself and not trying to imitate someone else.” – Barb Dahl, ShopStyle
- “Creating content is my number one priority. I use Instagram as a tool to get people to my site — that’s my main focus.” – Julia Engel, Gal Meets Glam (hyperlink to her blog)
- “In the age of ever-changing algorithms, the blog is the only thing influencers truly own. It’s important to invest time and resources in educating followers to rely on the blog for new content.” – Anonymous
- “Show up. Do the work. Don’t be lazy. There’s no shortcut.” – Kim Kardashian
- “This business is all about leveraging the data to see what connects you with your audience” – Alison, VP at ShopStyle
Stay tuned for our Alt Summit recap!