Pinterest has over 150M monthly active users and 87% of active pinners say they’ve purchased a product because of Pinterest. It’s a very lucrative platform for bloggers, so be sure you are pinning using the ShopStyle tools and links to capture the most sales and traffic this holiday season!
Pin Using ShopStyle’s LinkIt Tool
When browsing a retailer’s site, find the product you want to pin and click the LinkIt bookmarklet. Click on “Pin It” or the Pinterest share icon in the pop-out window. Select the photo you want to pin, then type in a description and save it to the board you want to pin to. More details on how to use the LinkIt tool here.
Pin Using ShopStyle Collective Search
Use ShopStyle Collective Search to find the product you want to pin, and then click on the product cell to open the product detail window. Select the Pinterest share icon and save it to the board you want to pin to.
Edit an Existing Pinterest Pin
You can edit an existing Pin (for example, an outfit photo from your blog) and attach an affiliate link to a product (that’s shown in the photo). Use LinkIt or ShopStyle Collective Search to copy the affiliate link for the product you want to feature. Then edit the Pin by pasting in the affiliate link in the “Website” field.
What about Shop the Look?
If you are a ShopStyle Collective member creating Looks and have your Syndication settings ON (this can be found in your account settings), then your Looks will be eligible to be turned into Shop The Look Pins and get featured on the @shopstyle Pinterest account.
In January 2018, we will launch the ability for all ShopStyle Collective members to create Shop The Look Pins within the ShopStyle Collective apps and publish them directly to one of your own Pinterest boards. Stay tuned for more exciting announcements from us regarding our Pinterest partnership!
Here are some Pinterest best practices to help you optimize for the holiday season:
- Update your Pinterest profile to a business account and add a domain to your profile
- Include detailed board titles, Pin descriptions, and hashtags to give your content context and improve searchability (e.g. #shopthelook)
- Create Looks on ShopStyle Collective! These will be syndicated as Shop The Look Pins directly onto ShopStyle’s Pinterest Board
- Add the Pinterest Save button to your blog to make it easier for your audience to save your content
- Utilize Article Rich Pins which show a headline, author, and story description to increase blog views
- Save the same Pin to multiple boards, both broad and specific, for increased exposure
- Adhere to the ideal aspect ratio for Pin images (which is 2:3) with a minimum width of 600px
- Use relevant ShopStyle links in the website field of Pins, or create Pins directly from products in your Collective Dashboard search to monetize
- Utilize a scheduling tool like Tailwind to maintain a consistent flow of Pins (here’s a code for a free month of Tailwind if you’d like to test it out).