A few months ago we shot an editorial with some of our favorite bloggers in LA and got the chance to interview them on the side about blog life, and trends they are loving. Read our interview with Olivia from Lust for Life below: https://www.instagram.com/lusttforlife/
- This or that
- Sneakers, boots, or heels? Boots
- Statement eye or bold lip? Statement eye
- Neutrals or brights? Neutrals
- Chloé or Gucci? BOTH!
- Dress down or dress up? Dress up.
- Trend focused
- What bag are you carrying right now? The new Chanel Gabrielle
- Which Fall trend are you most excited for? Power suiting
- Describe your style in a few words: relaxed and minimal
- Rapid fire questions
- Next stamp on your passport: Paris!
- Best fashion week survival tip: Always make time to eat breakfast.
- Go-to nail polish color: I love J Hannah polishes. My friend makes them.
- Must-have beauty products: Giorgio Armani Fluid Sheer
- Fall/Winter skin survival secrets: Oil! I always use oil. Anything from rose oil to vitamin E.
- Favorite LA coffee shop: Daily Dose
- Personal ?’s
- What’s the one thing in your closet you cannot live without? I just bought a puffy Acne jacket in Stockholm that I love.
- Strategy for Collective
- Favorite social media platform & what do you do to grow engagement on that platform?* Instagram. Instagram Stories have been a fun way to talk to my followers because you can be more candid. It’s like having a conversation.
- What do you focus on: follower growth or engagement? Engagement
- When do you start creating content for holiday? A week before usually but trying to plan out more.
- How do you get more traffic to your blog?* I had a blog before social. Because the format has changed, I like to do photo essays. My blog is now more of a portfolio.
- Any tips for bloggers just starting out? Find your niche. Differentiating allows you to not focus only on numbers.
- How do you describe ShopStyle in one word? Dangerous!
What was the moment you realized this could be a business? I started a vintage sight and when I modeled the pieces, I saw higher conversion. People really connect to your personal style.