We’re here to share resources and tips that will help make creating content, staying connected, and inspiring your community easier as we continue to adapt to our changing landscape. We’ve rounded up everything you need to know in this blog post, and will continue to update all resources, information, and inspiring content on a regular basis! Feel free to also comment below and share what kind of content you are creating.
Need content ideas?
We all need a little inspiration, so we’ve looked to our community of influencers and the team here for some ideas.
COVID content from fellow influencers:
- The Mom Edit: Community Feedback
- Living In Yellow: Community Challenge & Resource Guide
- Ashley Brooke: Working From Home Tips
- The Silk Sneaker: 3 WFH Outfits Video
- Lynzy and Co: Hearts For Healthcare Workers
- My Kind of Sweet: Tips To Manage Anxiety
- Sydne Style: Daily Themes
- Ijeoma Kola: How To Be Productive While Working From Home
- Living With Landyn: 30 Day Together Challenge
- Grace Atwood: How She Is Giving Back
- Lydia Tomlinson Self Isolation Tips
- Many retailers and brands are being impacted by COVID-19. You can find all COVID-19 retailer changes here. Please also continue to check our Retailer Updates for more information on current commission rates and changes.
- Find the latest sales here
- Join our Facebook community here
- A list of high commission retailers can be found here
- View newly added retailers here
- Get the latest details on trending retailers, brands, and products here
- Access the ShopStyle Collective Learning Center to learn more about our tools, data, best practices, and more!
- Home workouts, Meditations, Journaling, Work from Home Hacks, Health Tips
- Arts and craft projects, Recipes, upcycling – Share stories, like how you got started blogging
- DIY home improvement projects, how-to’s on creating a fresh space, gardening, organization
- Tips for setting a daily schedule, Self motivation, Learning a new skill or language
- DIY projects, Homeschooling tips, Games, Indoor exercise
- Share favorite podcasts, new movies, e-books, and which binge-worthy TV shows to start. Amazon currently offers 5% commission on all digital music and video on-demand!
These are some favorites from our team to help inspire!
- Podcasts we love to help you grow professionally:
- Jessa: HBR Ideacast, Freakonomics, Growth Mindset
- Ashley: The Hidden Brain
- Courtney: How I Built This, Business Schooled
- Hilary: Influencer Podcast by Trove
- Podcasts for Entertainment:
- Hilary: Armchair Expert, Gloss Angeles, Skinny Confidential, Mint Arrow Messages
- Lee: Song Explodr, The Adam Buxton Podcast, Desert Island Discs, WTF, Here’s the Thing with Alec Baldwin
- Nicole: Crime Junkie, Armchair Expert, The Papaya Podcast, This American Life
- Sofia: Sibling Revelry with Kate & Oliver Hudson
- Natalie: Absolutely Not, Second Life, Oprah’s Super Soul Conversations, Conan O’Brien Needs A Friend
- Shows we love
- Carrie: Little Fires Everywhere
- Amy: Succession
- Sarah: Cheer!
- Courtney: Next In Fashion, Friends (always!), Grace & Frankie
- Kathleen: The Morning Show, Love is Blind, Schitt’s Creek
- Books we love:
- Reiko: Crazy Rich Asians (the whole series), Big Little Lies, Nine Perfect Strangers, The Educated, The Testaments, Maybe You Should Talk to Someone, Talking to Strangers, Bad Blood
- Barb: Just Mercy, The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo, The Unhoneymooners, The Hating Game (soon to be a rom com), Red White and Royal Blue, What Alice Forgot, Daisy Jones and The Six
- Courtney: The Art of Racing In The Rain, The Happiness Project, Shoe Dog, (currently reading a mystery: The Couple Next Door)
- Olivia: My Year of Rest and Relaxation, How To Do Nothing, Lessons From An Accidental Florist
- Sarah: Everything I know about love Dolly Alderton, The secret
- Movies we love
- Danielle: Welcome To Me, Joshy, The One I Love, The Puffy Chair, The Lobster, Obvious Child, Wet Hot American Summer, Rope, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Frances Ha, Booksmart, Lady Bird, The Big Lebowski
- Mark: No Country for Old Men
- Kathleen: Bombshell, 10 Things I Hate About You, Step Brothers, Crazy, Stupid, Love
- Lee: Blade Runner (the original), Shaun of the Dead, Dallas Buyers Club, Weird Science, Goodfellas, Godfather 1, 2 & 3.
- What we’re wearing most while WFH:
- Jessa: Jeans and concert shirts (I’m loving my Daydreamer tee.)
- Courtney: Oversized sweaters by The Great and Abercrombie and my favorite Beyond Yoga or Alo leggings.
- Hilary: Loving my Nili Lotan tie dye sweatshirt and sweatpants
- Alicia: My favorite Free People sweater, pearl headband (good for video calls!), and comfy cashmere sweats
- Amy: Spiritual Gangster crewnecks + my Lululemon Align leggings
Continue to drive your business forward:
- Add a new social channel into the mix. Test out Tiktok, Youtube, Facebook, or build your blog.
- Expand the categories you promote. Do you usually post mostly fashion content? Try posting about your favorite beauty products or tips to decorate your home.
- Connect with your followers in new ways! Host an Instagram Live Q&A or start a support thread with words of encouragement in your Facebook group.
- Repurpose old content! Repost content that has historically performed well and refresh it with new or similar products using LinkIt or Widgets.
- Use this valuable time to revamp or create a media kit. The ShopStyle Collective design team created several branded templates just for you!
- Read up on the latest FTC guidelines to make sure your content is compliant.
- ShopStyle Collective provides you with tons of data to learn more about your audience and grow your business. Learn how to understand all of your data in this article.
How to support your community:
- Buy gift certificates and gift cards for local shops, services, and restaurants that you can use later. Many restaurants are offering contactless pick-up or delivery!
- If possible, donate to charities in need during this challenging time
- Reach out to loved ones, coworkers, and neighbors and show support. A phone call (or even a text message!) can go a long way
- Without access to creative resources like photo studios, brands are leaning on influencers for help with content creation. Read more on Glossy here.
- Even just by doing what they already do, fashion influencers are uniquely suited to bringing relief in this very novel, very strange time. Read the Harper’s Bazaar piece here.
- How Chinese Companies Have Responded To The Coronavirus
- Marie Claire UK on why it is important for influencers to carry on. Read the full article here.
Image via Ijeoma Kola
Valid 3/23-3/27. …
Up to 10% commission. …
Please do not share promotions ahead of their start date. …