The Holiday season is rapidly approaching. With ecommerce retail sales projected to increase by as much as 35% this year (read more in Forbes), we’re here to make sure you’re prepared and ready to go for your best Holiday season yet! In this post you’ll find key information, tool tips, and strategies that will help you create content to maximize earnings. Continue to check back on this blog post for the most up to date information.
Keep track of key dates and deadlines when preparing your Holiday content calendar to make sure you don’t miss a thing. Read on for the dates you need to know as well as a few suggestions from our team’s experts!
- Create content early. This holiday shopping season is starting earlier than ever before! Make sure to plan early for success. We suggest starting to get your content up by early November.
- Increase your posting cadence. More posts equals more opportunities to drive sales during this high-converting period.
- Reach shoppers across all channels. Utilize all of your channels to reach shoppers in various places and keep your content top of mind whether they are on your blog or Instagram!
- View our platform-based monetization guides here.
- Focus on original content. Create original, shoppable content for your blog and social media leveraging all of ShopStyle Collective’s tools. Don’t forget to use both Text Links and Product Widgets throughout your blog posts.
- Share wish lists and gift guides. Create a series of gift guides with different themes, price points, and categories to make sure you meet the needs of your audience and who they will be buying gifts for (even if it’s for themselves!). A few ideas to get you started: “Gifts for Your Best Friends”, “The Best Gifts Under $50”, “Ultimate Kids Gift Guide”. See more ideas below!
- Optimize your blog with keywords. Be specific! Include trending, niche (i.e. Gifts for the Harry Potter Lover, matching family pajamas, etc), and descriptive (i.e. sparkles, little black dress, etc) holiday keywords to optimize your content for search. Review your keywords and tap into what’s trending! (Always available in your analytics and on the blog). Use Google Trends as a keyword research hack. It’s a great (and free!) tool that allows you to see what topics are trending on Google Search engines.
- Interact with your followers to increase engagement and build rapport. Every post creates an opportunity to turn a reader into a shopper and continuing to educate your audience on how to shop is so important! Encourage your audience to like, comment, and visit your blog and make sure you are clear on how they can shop your content.
- Promote high commission retailers to boost your earning potential. (Advanced program only) Consider retailers with higher commission rates when you’re planning your organic content, or if you are looking to explore new brands that you don’t feature on a regular basis. View all commission rates in the Supported Retailers section of your account.
- Fight the holiday fatigue. Even when the Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales are over, holiday shopping is not! Increase your sales by keeping up your posting cadence so you don’t miss out.
Stay in the loop on top trending categories, brands, and high commission retailers to better holiday content strategy and help you drive more sales.
- Beauty (makeup)
- Old Navy
- J. Crew
Keep your holiday earnings up with the help of select retailers offering increased commission rates! (For Advanced Program members only)
- Backcountry up to 15%
- Express up to 15%
- Saks up to 20%
- shopDisney up to 15%
- Lululemon up to 15%
- Boll & Branch up to 15%
- Zulily up to 25%
The holidays are upon us, and you’re in full festive swing! The air is crisper, your living room cozier, and your streets twinklier with lights. Get inspired by these merry content ideas, and don’t forget to keep posting – your followers will shop beyond the holidays through the end of the year!
- Gift Guides Galore: Your job is to help your followers rock all their gifts this season, and the best way to do that is by staying organized. Inspire your followers with thoughtful, creative, and out-of-the-box gift guides for everyone on their list. Here are some ideas:
- Price Point: Splurge or Save, Under $100, Under $50, Under $25
- Loved Ones: For Her (Mom, Grandma, Daughter, etc), For Him (Dad, Brother, Son, etc ), For Kids (Baby, Toddler, Gen-Z, Teen), For Pets
- Type of Person: For the Hipster, the Home Body, the Beauty Lover, the Hiker, the Tech Guru
- Timing: Last Minute Gift Guide, 1 Week Before, 3 Days Before, 1 Day Before, By Shipping Deadline
- Event: Secret Santa, Gift Exchange, White Elephant, Work Party
- Retailer or Brand: Head back up to our What’s Trending section and pick a popular retailer or brand to create a tailored gift guide for. You can do the same for brands you know your followers are obsessed with! For example, ‘The Best Kids Gifts from Shopdisney’
- Stocking Stuffers: Create versions of the above gift guides but stocking stuffer edition! These are hugely popular for shopping inspiration.
- All About Home: This year more than ever, we’ll be spending more time indoors cooking, hanging, and celebrating. Help your followers prepare for the coziest and most festive holiday at home. Check out below for some inspo:
- How to Host a Family Holiday
- My Tablescape
- Holiday Cocktail Celebration
- Coziest Home Accessories
- Relaxing at Home: Self Care Edition
- Cooking at Home
- Favorite Festive Decor
- Holiday Home Finds
- Festive Fashion and Beauty: However you’re celebrating this year, holiday dressing is an exciting time to get creative and embrace your inner fashionista. You’re the go-to for all things style, so help your followers look and feel their best this season with festive style inspiration:
- Casual Holiday Dressing
- What to Wear: Holiday Edition
- What I’m Wearing Christmas Morning
- Family PJ Guide
- Glitter and Glam: New Years Eve Makeup Look
- NYE at Home: What I’m Wearing
Pro tip: Keep track of your top performing items, categories, brands and retailers in your Analytics dashboard throughout the holiday season to guide your content strategy.
Want more? See what other ShopStyle Collective influencers are posting for holiday!
- Holiday Home Collage by Garvin & Co
- Outfit Ideas for Family Pictures by Putting Me Together
- Gift Guide for the Unique & Creative by Living in Yellow
Create Wish Lists and Gift Guides using Text Links
Creating a guide helps your followers easily discover what they are looking for (or things that they didn’t even know they were looking for!). Plus, you can add this page as a highlight in your blog’s navigation bar, or feature in your Instagram.
- Curate your favorite picks by category, brand, or retailer into round ups on your blog. Feature an image of the product and add a clear text link for that item.
- This is available in the Standard and Advanced Programs.
- Pro tip: If you mention a retailer in a blog post, add the retailer’s homepage as an affiliate link and hyperlink it! Learn how here.
Create Wishlists/Gift Guides with Widgets
Link directly to your Product Widgets. This means that you can share your Product Widget as a hyperlink or link. Learn more.
- Pro Tip: Add Favorites to your Widgets.
- This allows readers to opt in and share their email with you, helping you build readership. Be sure to have this setting turned on in your account by checking the “Collect Email Addresses” option in your Favorites tab.
- For the shopper, they’ll love it when they get an email notification to shop the item they favorited when its price drops. You’ll earn whether no matter when the shopper engages with your content.
- Remember to Update Sold Out Products!
- Learn how here.
- Create a Clickable Colalge
- You can do so using affiliate links inserted to a collage using a third-party services, such as Canva.
- Make sure to know your audience! Sometimes it’s not obvious to the shopper that the images are actually clickable. We recommend using a service to create the collage and guiding shoppers to text links or Product Widgets to shop.
- Always use LinkIt!
- This handy browser bookmarklet is perfect for monetizing items you find while surfing the web. Did you know that it’s also available in iOS and Android, so you can create links in app or while surfing the web on your mobile device? It’s true!
- Our Favorite Tool for Holiday Content Creation: Lists! :
- Use Lists to Stay Organized!
- Easily turn groups of products into Looks or Widgets using Lists. Plus, this enables you to utilize products not found in our product feed. Learn more here!
- The List feature is available in the Advanced Program.
Stay up-to-date until now through the end of the year on holiday sales here!
- USPS Priority Mail Express (overnight): December 23rd
- Priority Mail: December 19th
- First-class Mail: December 18th
- USPS Ground: December 15th
*Please note that pickup for UPS air shipments must be scheduled before December 18.
- UPS Ground Shipping: December 16
- UPS Next Day Air: December 18
- UPS 2nd Day Air: December 18
- UPS 3 Day Select: December 19
- FedEx Overnight: December 23
- FedEx 2Day: December 22
- FedEx Express Saver: December 21
- FedEx Ground/Home Delivery: December 19