With the blogger space getting more oversaturated each year, there are less opportunities to work with brands and score collaboration opportunities. If it felt tough to stand out among the blogger crowd a few years ago, it’s even harder now — and sitting around waiting for a campaign to find it’s way in your inbox isn’t the way to go.
We encourage you to take the future of your blog partnerships into your own hands. There are many ways to do this, but the first step is to craft a killer outreach email. No more waiting around for an opportunity to come to you. With a well written pitch, you can persuade and entice brands to offer you campaigns.
You’re looking for an opportunity to work with a brand, so find a way to eloquently explain it in a brief email with keys points and your media kit. This way, they can see your stats and what you would bring to them as partners. Follow the bullet points below and start your first draft:
- Keep it short and sweet! Avoid anything too wordy.
- Include an intro: a few lines on who you are, your website and the focus, and why you think you’d be good partners.
- Have a direct pitch. There should be a very clear “ask” here. Whether it’s wanting an invite to a fashion show, a chance to collaborate on their latest collection, or a media discount on a hotel.
- Clearly state what the brand would get in return. Rarely does a brand want to send you product without something in return, so offer up front what you can do for them. (i.e: a blog post promoting item X, reaching an audience of X, and a round of social coverage, bringing awareness to my audience of over X”)
- Conclude by thanking them for their time. Let them know you would love to be considered for a future collaboration, in case timing doesn’t work out.
- Media Kit: Include your stats and reach in the form of a media kit. See here for our post on creating a media kit and rate card, if you need a refresher.
Now, take a first pass at crafting your perfect outreach email and start sending them out! Leave us a comment and let us know what other blog strategies you want to learn from us.