Your analytics are of utmost importance in growing your brand. They help you understand your readers’ preferences, such as ideal price points, best converting retailers, intent, and more! These are metrics you need to track daily in order to leverage our tools to reach your full earning potential.
Keep a close eye on your “Traffic Sources” and see what your audience wants by determining what channel they are most likely to click on. Doing this will allow you to optimize your content by channel (Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, or Twitter). You may find that you are spending a lot of time creating and sharing content on your Instagram, but that your blog is the channel that is actually converting. Understanding this data will make you a more strategic blogger so you can shift your efforts into a different vertical based on this table.
- Overview: This section allows you to check your earnings, clicks, orders, and conversion rate for a given period of time in order to understand how your affiliate links are performing. You can edit your selected time frame to see many different time periods.
- Trended Data: This section allows you to use the graph to measure and see a broad scope of your performance. Hover over data points to see details. Directly underneath, you’ll now see an unlimited selection of top links and products from your linked retailers. This gives you insight into your top-performing links, plus earnings and conversion rates for each one! Also, you can see what is working and what’s not by filtering product data by earnings, clicks, and orders to help inform your strategy.
- Tool Types: This section allows you to understand how each of your tools are performing. Use this information to deliver content with the method your audience enjoys most.
- Traffic Sources: Measure how your earnings, clicks, orders, and conversion are stacking up on your blog and social channels. Have you ever wondered how much traffic and sales your Instagram is really driving? Now, you can see exactly where your clicks and sales are coming from. If you’re killing it on Facebook, but not on Pinterest, you’ll know how to shift your strategy.
- Merchandising Insights: Get breakdowns of top-performing brands, retailers, products, and categories from which your audience is shopping the most, and give them more of that to monetize strategically!
With all the numbers and data we analyze, we know a thing or two about how Holiday performs. So here are some top tips from our fashion editor, Julie, to get you thinking strategically about how to best leverage our tools this season.
- Get ready early: We saw clicks and orders start to pick up on November 13 (12 days before Black Friday). Create your content and begin posting well before the big sales to catch the readers that shop early.
- Get them clicking: Last November, the top-performing products were under $25. By December, top performers had moved to the $25-$50 range. Include products with a range of price points from budget-friendly labels to contemporary brands and luxury designers. This way, you reach many demographics and are more likely to have them click and purchase!
- Pick the right retailer: Pick the top-performing retailers defined by traffic and high conversion. Find a list of high converting retailers here.