Meet Erin, blogger at Living in Yellow and the perfect example of how to incorporate ShopStyle Collective tools in a strategic way.
Erin doesn’t just focus on monetizing her blog, she also makes it a priority to optimize across all of her social channels. Here are her top tips on how to monetize social channels:
- Create a blog post with links in the story. See an example here. This is the number one way to monetize your blog content so make sure to add as many links as you can in your copy.
- Add widgets to break up the post and gear it towards a shopping frame of mind. It’s import to add a widget closer to the top because your reader may not get to the bottom of this post.
- Take it to Instagram. Erin shares that you can shop her closet via the link in her bio — a link she rarely removes. The link takes you to a page full of her Looks.
- Instagram Stories. Erin takes advantage of the new “Swipe Up” feature. Your blog isn’t the only place to engage your audience, with the rise of social and especially instagram this is the best time to monetize your other engaged channels.
- Utilize Facebook. She turns her blog posts into bite-sized posts calling out the key pieces in her closet. Facebook is most definitely not forgotten make sure to share monetizable content here weekly.
- Make sure to follow Erin for more best practices!