Ever wonder how best to blog about sales? Our ShopStyle Collective editors have combed the web to compile a list of the best sales blogging practices.
- Give your readers a heads-up before the sales. Did you know here on the ShopStyle Collective blog, we share the hottest retailer sales every week? Every Wednesday, check back on our blog to find the best deals and be sure to plan your blog and social content for the week around the biggest sales. Planning ahead is key!
- Have a catchy and informative title for your post. Be sure to include keywords, such as “sale,” “deals,” “x% off,” or “Spring buys” or mention a sale code in your headline.
- Add timeliness to your title or blog post. In your title, include the time frame for the sale, such as “weekend deals,” “Spring buys,” or “today only.” You can also include this in photo captions. For example: “For Love & Lemons dress (on sale at Shopbop only this week).”
- Include links, widgets, and photos. Always remember to include at least 12 text links, both in the text and toward the bottom, in every post. Create a widget of the items you’re blogging about and be sure to add it along with great pictures.
- Go for visual pow. Don’t forget to add visually appealing and dynamic photos, not just product photos from the retailer, but also yourself from different angles and in various styles. Or try composing collages in Photoshop or Dress.li! Check out our guide from the ShopStyle design team on how to create an engaging product collage.
- Replace sold-out items. Calling out an item if it’s almost sold out is a great idea. When you link to items, pay attention to the availability listed on the retailer’s site. When appropriate, add “only x left” to encourage your readers to check out the item. When the item sells out, you can use the ShopStyle Collective Sold Out Notification feature to make sure you’re always linking to products that are actually in stock.
- Recommend similar products. If you think that the items you’re blogging about are on the verge of selling out, check out similar products on ShopStyle and give your readers options that are close style-wise.
- Dig into your data. Look at your best performing products in the ShopStyle Collective dashboard and analyze the prices that your reader respond to the most so you can target your optimal price point.
We hope these tips will help make you a sale blogging pro! Happy shopping, and happy blogging.