As a blogger, you have a million new apps to download and a new social platform popping up what seems like each week. While getting up to date with the latest offerings in technology is important to your brand, what you should focus on is reeling it all in to one place and aggregating a place and a voice for your blog. This place is otherwise known as an editorial calendar. It’s something every serious blogger should create, implement, and run their blog from.
An editorial calendar will be the road map to your content production. It allows you to set deadlines and shows you an overview of all upcoming content to keep your blog focused and on brand.
It’s easy to create a calendar, but what you put on the calendar is where you need to be strategic! This tool can allow you to focus your energy in one place and ultimately make you more money.
Here are some tips on what you should focus on when you build your calendar.
- Have a regularly scheduled shopping feature, like Denim Days or Tuesday Shoesday. This creates a dedicated clickable feature for your readers, equaling more links to use.
- Create clickable posts on your highest earning category. Do you perform well on dresses? Do a weekly roundup of your favorite ones according to the season.
- Focus on current events. NYFW, holiday sales, and blogger conferences are all great topics to cover in an upcoming blog post.
- Focus on season changes. Around August, we all start looking towards back-to-school and fall gear, stay on top of it by incorporating similar content.
- Keep an eye on your analytics from last year. Looking at the previous year will allow you to see which of your posts did best. Focus on creating similar content.
Using an editorial calendar should be another tool to help you build your business and grow your earnings!
*photo credit from Elevator Musik