It’s that magical time of year again. No, it’s not Christmas; it’s the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale! Nordstrom is one of the only retailers that holds a sale on pre-Fall items prior to Fall. That’s bananas, since usually only the picked-over items ever go on sale. Nordstrom really brings it and puts its good stuff on sale for a few weeks, and then the prices go back up. The best part — yes, it gets better than purchasing pre-Fall at supersale prices — is all card holders get access a full eight days before the sale opens to the public! That means you can shop online or in stores from July 9 to July 16 to get brand-new Fall arrivals on sale for a limited time.
While we all know you will be shopping this sale, so will your READERS! That being said, we wanted to put together some great tips on how to best monetize this momentous sale on all your platforms.
- Create both image widgets and text links to include in your blog posts.
- Mommy/lifestyle blogger? Create several category roundups of men’s, women’s, children’s and home goods that you love.
- Fashion/style blogger? Create several category roundups of your favorite items, like clothing, handbags, accessories, shoes, and beauty.
- Make sure you cater your sale picks in your roundup to your specific audience.
- Use all available avenues to monetize — Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and your blog.
- Make sure to include your sale items organically throughout your content for the duration of the sale.
- Since there is the presale and the regular sale, be sure to do a post on July 9 for your early-access readers, then do another post on the 17, for those who don’t have early access.
- This is a great time to buy for Fall/back-to-school or to take care of holiday shopping early, as this sale is unique in that the items marked-down are new Fall items, not last season’s sale items. Please note the prices will go up after the sale, and this could influence readers to shop and click on more items.
- Prep your post at 9 p.m. PDT/12 a.m. EDT the night before the sale so you have a first look at what is being promoted on the Nordstrom website as part of the sale, as most sale items should be available to view by then.
- Create an affiliate link to the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale homepage and link back to it whenever you write about the sale.
- Go to the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale homepage.
- Click on the “LinkIt” button.
- Then click on “Copy link”
- Use that link whenever you mention the Nordstrom Early-Access Presale and Nordstrom Anniversary Sale!